Re: [iri] #69: Several issues in Introduction of 4395bis

On 1/10/12 5:28 PM, iri issue tracker wrote:
> #69: Several issues in Introduction of 4395bis
>

> Comment (by ted.ietf@…):
>
>  Agree with the general issue, but I propose slightly different language to
>  resolve it:  "reserving the term URN explicitly for the URIs using the
>  "urn" scheme name ([RFC2141]).  This also reserves the string "urn" so
>  that no IRI scheme with that string may be registered."

That looks better.

Larry pointed out that we might just want to register 'urn' as a URI/IRI
scheme, but it appears that is already effectively done according to the
registry:

http://www.iana.org/assignments/uri-schemes.html

Scheme  Description                                     Reference
urn  Uniform Resource Names (click for registry)  [RFC2141]

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
http://stpeter.im/