scoping the IRI processing spec (was Re: status of IRI work)

> Julian / Chris, where do you stand with possibly merging
>>  draft-reschke-ref-parsing and draft-weber-iri-guidelines, and perhaps
>>  finding an editor to drive that work?

I poked around off-list to see if a few others might be interested in an
editor position.  While no one was jumping at the chance, there were
some valid scoping questions that came up concerning the purpose,
structure, and depth of the 'processing spec'.

 From IETF81 and even earlier it was decided that this would be a
"target document to be referenced by HTML5."  Can we use this thread to
have a discussion, raise questions, and define the scope for this
document more clearly?

Best regards,
-Chris Weber