Re: Agreement on IRI "processing spec" moving to W3C

On 2011/11/20 15:11, Chris Weber wrote:
> During IETF 82 an announcement was made that the IRI "processing spec"
> would move to the W3C for creation as a self-contained document. See
> <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/iri/> for the minutes.
>
> Are IRI WG members in agreement on this decision?

Some procedural questions:

What WG will handle this? Will there be a mailing list with reasonably
limited scope? (rather than a mailing list where a vast array of
unrelated issues is discussed on a daily basis?) Could we maybe even use
this mailing list for this work, because it's hosted by W3C and the
relevant people should already be here? Or would that be too
complicated, because it would have to run under two sets of rules (IETF
and W3C)?

Also, how will we make sure that the work on the main spec (3987bis) and
this processing spec work is going to be coordinated? There are some
points where such coordination should happen, e.g. around encoding
issues in query parts.

Regards,   Martin.