Re: [bidi] Re: BIDI?

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 10:37 AM, Matitiahu Allouche <matial@il.ibm.com>wrote:

> (...) Consequently, I second Slim Amamou's suggestion to "have a
> predefined/enforced directionality in the specs for each scheme? (ex. LTR
> for URLs)".
> It is true that pure or mostly Hebrew or Arabic URLs will be displayed in a
> way which may seem strange. For instance, "http://MY.OWN.DOMAIN.com<http://my.own.domain.com/>"
> (where upper case letters represent RTL letters) will be displayed as "
> http://YM.NWO.NIAMOD.com <http://ym.nwo.niamod.com/>",

It won't if we adopt the component based approach in the UBA extension.
Since the string is identified as URL and the separators are "." (dot) the
components which should respect LTR overall directionality as per the specs
 would be MY, OWN, DOMAIN and com. Characters inside the components would
stay RTL

so the the string will stay as it is http://MY.OWN.DOMAIN.com

--
Slim Amamou | سليم عمامو