Re: [bidi] Re: Special ordering for BIDI URLs

> When preparing the examples in the current
> IRI spec (RFC 3987), I noticed that the '%'
> character's behavior is indeed rather [quirky?]

You are indeed sadly correct.

In an RTL context, "FOO.COM/%41%42"
is displayed as "%41%42/MOC.OOF" if FOO.COM is Hebrew
and as "42%41%/MOC.OOF" if FOO.COM is Arabic.

The Hebrew variant suffers from classic bidi-itis.

Thus %-escaping, even with the proposed addition of the first six Hebrew and
Arabic letters, is a problem. A new escaping scheme that does not use %
would have to be introduced to allow all-RTL URLs.

Aharon