Re: BIDI : tackling the delimiter weirdness

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 3:06 AM, Mark Davis ☕ <mark@macchiato.com> wrote:
> Various people have considered a special reordering of labels before. The
> problem is that while in the address bar or other special locations one
> could have a special handling for the order of the labels, it is really bad
> if the labels aren't in the same order everywhere the URL could appear - the
> spoofing possibilities are unpleasant. And everywhere means in everyone's
> address bar in every browser, and in plaintext, and in emailers, and so on.
> Mark

I totally agree with Mark. Having a unique visual representation of
URI in every context, every culture and across all media (including
printed paper) is of the highest importance. If I'd dig a little more
I'd find this behaviour necessary for net neutrality.

--
Slim Amamou | سليم عمامو
http://alixsys.com