Re: [draft-duerst-iri-bis-06] editorial

Martin J. Dürst wrote:
> Well, probably we are actually going to do that. The reason for this is
> that we want to avoid XML specs to allow as much garbage as HTML5 (for
> some specific cases) allows, and that HTML5 does some tweaking that we
> don't want to leak to XML. If it turns out that there is another major

Martin,

I think it would be very good to precisely describe these two areas.

Wrt "...to avoid XML specs to allow as much garbage as HTML5...": as far
as I can tell LEIRIs already allow any characters except surrogate code
units. Are HTML5-URLs allowing these; and if yes, is that a serious problem?

BR, Julian