Re: DMA amendments

I meant to copy over the list, since these are good starting points for us to consider. From the proposed regulation:

(2) 'Core platform service' means any of the following:
(a) online intermediation services;
(b) online search engines;
(c) online social networking services;
(d) video-sharing platform services;
(e) number-independent interpersonal communication services;

the amendments add:

(fa) web browsers;
(fb) virtual assistants;
(fc) connected TV;

Of course, any regulatory requirement to interoperate (if any) won't necessarily be as broad as these categories; it may be imposed regarding a more specific area or function.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/