Facebook closing in the EU may be an unexpected opportunity for interoperability

On 2/7/22 2:16 PM, Vittorio Bertola wrote:

> after you solve the basic problem, which is opening up the walled gardens.

Meta.verse CEO has an interesting view of this problem: closing off an
entire region of the world from accessing its services. I must say I
have never agreed more with him. With this 'social network' unavailable
to European citizens, another Fediverse is possible.

As I already mentioned in my introductory post, 'opening up the walled
gardens' is not so much of an objective for interoperability, since most
walled gardens are powerhouses, and I'm more concerned about
safeguarding the cultural diversity through voluntary association, than
mandatory compatibility with hostile parties.

==
hk