Re: Welcome / introductions

hello everyone.

thanks, mark, for starting the group and the intro round!

On 2021-11-24 06:49, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> * A brief summary of your background
> * Why you're participating in this group
> * Where you call home (so we can try to schedule meetings when it's not *too* painful for anyone)

my name is erik wilde. i have spent a lot of time in the research space
(i have a ph.d. in computer science from ETH zurich), working on web
architecture and technologies. about 10 years ago i moved to industry. i
have worked in various roles, and most recently in roles where my job is
to tell (typically large) organizations how to do things in a good way
with APIs. i work for axway, a software vendor in the API space, but i
don't specifically talk about our products. my role is to help
organizations with their API strategy, so that they are getting the most
out of their API programs and platforms.

i am participating in this group because i believe that doing things
well in the digital space matters and can make a difference. we will see
more and more regulation popping up in the digital space. one of the
things i like to say is that "doing good things" is nice, but that
"doing these things well" is also important. i've seen enough digital
visions not being executed well, and i think helping with this can be
very impactful.

i am based in zurich, switzerland (CET timezone).

cheers,

dret.

--
erik wilde | mailto:erik.wilde@dret.net |