Re: Welcome / introductions

Dear all,

I'm looking forward to see how the work in this group performs :-)

A few words about me. I come from an information security background. I
worked at CERN, INRIA (CS PhD in privacy), University College London
(post-doc), International Committee for the Red Cross (advisor), European
Data Protection Supervisor (advisory/etc in tech and policy units). I also
advised in some tech policy matters in work at the European Parliament. I
act as an independent researcher and consultant in technology and tech
policy.

I was a member of the TAG, and I prepared some privacy assessments of web
standards (and research papers about these), for example about battery (
https://blog.lukaszolejnik.com/battery-status-not-included-assessing-privacy-in-w3c-web-standards/)
and light sensor (
https://blog.lukaszolejnik.com/shedding-light-on-designing-web-features-with-privacy-risks-impact-assessments-case-study/
).

My work is often at the intersections of technology, tech policy, and law
(data protection, recently I spent quite a lot of time on EU competition
law matters).

Regards
Lukasz