Re: European Digital Markets Act (was Re: What we might produce)

On 2021-12-06 11:08, Vittorio Bertola wrote:
>> Il 06/12/2021 08:29 Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net> ha scritto:
>> #2 requires us to wait -- I'm not aware of any current, concrete
>> proposals for interoperability remedies from regulators. Have I
>> missed any?
>
> There's several ones in the upcoming Digital Markets Act which is
> going to be voted upon in first reading next week by the European
> Parliament - they were expanded after significant pressure by NGOs
> (EDRi, EFF, Article 19...) and by the coalition of companies I
> co-founded. They may still be changed or removed in the rest of the
> legislative process, but here they are in their current version.

Some additional context on top of these (great) details: the DMA covers
app stores, search, social networking, video platforms, IM, OSs, cloud
services, and advertising. The latest compromise amendments also add a
few more things like browsers, virtual assistants, connected TVs, smart
devices, internet of things, and embedded digital services in vehicles.

So, you know, the small stuff.

--
Robin Berjon
VP Data Governance