Re: What we might produce

On 2021-12-06 02:29, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> 2) Where we want to react to a such a proposal made elsewhere (e.g.,
> when a competition regulator or other national body selects
> something)
> (…)
> #2 requires us to wait -- I'm not aware of any current, concrete
> proposals for interoperability remedies from regulators. Have I
> missed any?

Specifically on this topic, I wonder if there would be value in
proactively reaching out to the people working on such provisions. Not
to claim that we have an answer to everything, but to make contact and
get a sense of priorities. (I think this group is reasonably credible
without having yet produced output.) This could help shape what we're
working on.

Two pieces of draft legislation come to mind here: ACCESS in the US and
the DMA in Europe. We could start having some conversations there, and
maybe get a sense of what their expectations are when the delegate
responsibility for interoperation to (respectively) NIST and CEN.

--
Robin Berjon
VP Data Governance