Re: using existing wallets with ILP

It is possible yes.

Integrating ILP into a wallet would likely be done by the provider who
would have an address prefix they apply to all of their customer's wallet
addresses.
Addresses are very fluid so as the wallet provider you can generate a new
address for every transaction if you wish.

Example:
g.edgesecure might be the address of your primary ILP connector and this
would peer with other connectors to give you access to the wider network.
You'd then allocate an address to each wallet using a system you choose:
(E.g. g.edgesecure.tiffany could be your personal wallet address)
You can also use a per tx address every time the wallet provides an address
to another system that wishes to send it a payment. (e.g.
g.edgesecure.tiffany.inv123)

Only the receiving system needs to understand the address beyond the prefix
since your connector will advertise to all of your peers that you can
deliver to any address in that address space so all payments to
g.edgesecure.* will be forwarded to your connector.

The protocols that need to be implemented by the wallet are, at a minimum a
setup and transport protocol.
Setup is the process of negotiating the transport protocol details and ILP
address with the other party (e.g. Let's use STREAM with the pre-shared key
ABC and the address g.edgesecure.tiuffany.12345)
Transport is the actual protocol used at the endpoints to generate the ILP
packet at the sender and fulfill it at the receiver.