Da: Adrian Hope-Bailie <adrian@hopebailie.com>
Inviato: sabato 24 giugno 2017 12:58:17
A: Bob Way
Cc: Stefan Thomas; DC; Evan Schwartz; Interledger Community Group
Oggetto: Re: Streaming payments for risk mitigation in Interledger

Absolutely agree that streaming payments is the future!

The great thing is that one is able to balance risk with time to execute. For a very large payment one may be prepared to give it up to an hour to execute in which case you can drop the size of the "packets" and reduce the in-flight risk.

What this will mean is considering new risks though like incomplete payments. If I need to send $1000 and want to send it in $1 packets but I only have a $1000, then I have to wait until any failed payments fully expire and I get refunded before I can attempt to send that $1 again.

The great thing is that as the sender i control that expiry on the first transfer!

In terms of how this might be implemented, it feels like it could be done entirely at the application (maybe transport) layer. A single payment can have a unique destination address (like the address per invoice concept we already have today). I expect PSK in it's current form is already fully capable of supporting this use case.

Very keen to see this in action!