Re: testnet entry/exit nodes and client-side receivers

Hi Adrian,

On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 11:37 AM, Adrian Hope-Bailie <adrian@hopebailie.com>
wrote:

> The entry and exit terminology is confusing IMO. Do you mean entry and
> exit into the crypto-currency ledger?

No, I actually use the terms the other way around. So I agree then that
it's very confusing. :)

> The nature of ILP means that a receiver needs to be active and online to
> be able to generate the fulfillment for a payment when it is received. The
> only way I see to simplify that is to delegate it to a trusted receiver.

There is another way, you can run the receiver on your smartphone. It needs
to receive a network notification when a payment comes in (no need and no
time for user interaction, unless maybe if the user is really quick), and
posts back the fulfillment, generated using a private key that never leaves
the phone.

And you can't (reasonably) run an spsp end-point on your phone, so that's
why I was thinking about other options.

It's not so relevant if the last hop is over five-bells, because then you
can indeed delegate the fulfilling to the party who runs the ledger. But
for blockchain ledgers, you don't know which miner will mine the block
containing your incoming transaction, so you don't have any already-trusted
party to delegate the fulfilling to.