Re: testnet entry/exit nodes and client-side receivers

The entry and exit terminology is confusing IMO. Do you mean entry and exit
into the crypto-currency ledger?

The nature of ILP means that a receiver needs to be active and online to be
able to generate the fulfillment for a payment when it is received. The
only way I see to simplify that is to delegate it to a trusted receiver.

If you are going to delegate it then why not just use SPSP as is and let
the trusted receiver assign you an address.

As an example, imagine I want to receive payments via Interledger but I
want them deliver to a Bitcoin address (and only I have the private key for
that address). I don't want to run an SPSP receiver or even an ILP node.

Instead, I sign up with an exchange like Gatehub for an account and they
allocate me an SPSP address: adrian@gatehub.com. I log into Gatehub and
configure my wallet to deliver all my incoming payments to my personal
Bitcoin address.

Whenever an SPSP payment is made to adrian@gatehub.com, all the SPSP
receiver functions are performed by Gatehub and when the funds are
delivered Gatehub pays them to my Bitcoin address.

The same could said for any other integration. I can link any of my other
online identities to that SPSP address so I can have a Slackbot that accept
payments or a WhatsApp app or any other disconnected channel. Simply being
connected isn't enough, the receiver needs to be able to process a payment
within seconds. If there is a need for a human to accept the payment then
you lock up all the liquidity of the payment.

Perhaps and interesting idea would be a protocol that explicitly supports a
delegated receiver model? I have a pre-shared key that I negotiate with the
sender but I request that they send the key with the payment, encrypted
using the public key of my delegated receiver.

That way I only need to be online during the setup of the payment not
during the actual payment itself. I could even use an Interledger Payment
Request to request a payment that could be paid any time in the future.