Re: The case for modularizing ILP

Hi Melvin,

The timing is interesting :)

There is a lot of refactoring going on at the moment to make implementing
ILP on existing ledgers (using the reference source code) easier and
possible through a kind of "plug-in" system.

Also, the website will be relaunching this week (for a sneak preview see
the v2 branch on github) with a LOT more developer resources. Our focus for
the London workshop on 6 July is very slanted toward developing with ILP
(as opposed to purely development of core ILP components) and we've set
aside the whole afternoon for hacking projects together that use or extend
ILP.

I hope you can join us in London on 6 July (interledger.org/workshop)

What I think you'll find most interesting is the awesome work that Stefan
and Evan have been doing in organising the specs into an RFC-style set at
http://github.com/interledger/rfcs (WIP so please take as such)

I did a presentation at WWWConf a few weeks ago which builds on the
architecture concepts you'll see there and explains the bridge from the
work being done in the W3C Web Payments WG and ILP (and how we are
architecting ILP to get the Internet of Value by creating direct analogies
with the Internet itself).

https://www.w3.org/2016/Talks/future-payments-201604.pdf

Adrian