Interledger Architecture: OWPS naming

From: Roger Bass <roger@traxiant.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 10:15:51 -0700
To: Interledger Community Group <public-interledger@w3.org>
Cc: Pim van der Eijk <pvde@sonnenglanz.net>
Stefan et al,

OWPS, the Open Web Payment Scheme, doesn't seem particularly web-oriented -
so we could lose the W for starters - so OPS maybe. And incidentally -
should this be a Scheme, a Protocol, a Framework or something else?

As you say, the overall project is "Interledger" so, how about OIPS, or
IPS? ("I" could even be "Internet" if we wanted to reserve "Interledger"
for the lower protocol layers).

As a more user-friendly name, we could use OpenPay (o-Pay)... or even
i-Pay... though there might be trademark issues there.

But per my other email, maybe some clarification on scope and goals for
this protocol layer would help frame the naming question.

Roger