Re: Crypto-condition Spec and Status

On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 2:15 PM, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Much also depends on your trust profile, ILP looks like a good solution in
> zero trust environments, but perhaps overkill in some high trust
> environments.

I look at ILP this way:

- Atomic Mode is for high trust environments, i.e. moving millions of
dollars per transaction (As I actually work in environments that demand
this, I personally find Atomic Mode more interesting)
- Universal Mode is for scenarios which are "high trust" (you seem to be
advocating what I call the "cadbury cream egg" philosophy of security: a
tough exterior and a gooey cream center, an approach I am philosophically
opposed to, but I digress)

Do you have specific complaints about why you think Universal Mode is
overkill?

--
Tony Arcieri