RE: Request for project proposals for Interledger Workshop hackathon

Hi All

Our submission (hope it provides sufficient overview):

This is a global world, and transactions of all descriptions are growing between individuals worldwide.

Meanwhile, 40% of the world’s population are finding extreme difficulty in engaging in transactions, because they cannot adequately identify themselves.

We are looking to provide the disenfranchised 40% with an identity that can be trusted, along with the 60% that already can identify themselves.  But more than that, we recognise that whatever is built has to be used by 100% of individuals globally, otherwise the system will be regarded as ‘only for the poor’.

We would like to build a ‘plug in’ for any blockchain that provides an assured and secure self-sovereign identity, capable of working with any authentication authority anywhere in the world, and providing the processes that would mean that service providers could trust the asserted identity credentials of any individual.

We have a particular use-case in mind, for a well-established charity based in Cambodia, called CCF.  The charity has looked after thousands of orphans over the years and has kept records of their particulars, including photographs and birth details.  They can assert these records as accurate, providing a valuable ‘stub’ of an identity which can be hardened over time by the individual.

We would like to work on the processes required to apply to any blockchain that would provide for the ability for the individual to move their self-sovereign identity between providers, enabling a competitive market in identity administration for anyone.

-------

If further details are required, please drop us a line.

Very best

Paul

Paul Ferris

ObjectChain Collab