Re: holding of funds

The "Deliver" event would not occur, of course.  You could write an event
to the "transaction stack":
CommerceID     EventType         Description
Andrew         Deliver-Failure   "Insufficient funds"

The API could include a GetContractStatus(transactionID) that would return
""Undelivered", "Open", or "Partial delivery", or similar.  It would be up
to the application to determine who ships/delivers first.

Andrew B. Brown
10723 River Plantation Drive
Austin, Texas  78747
(512) 947-8282