Re: Blockchain, block size and interledger (was: How do bank payments actually work?)

> All that can be new is the consensus algorithms. And when I say "all" I don't mean to minimise the importance of that.

A consensus algorithm is not necessarily separate from the data structure or the currency (in the case of cryptocurrencies) that it’s attempting to create consensus for.

Matt Corallo (Bitcoin Core dev) has given several talks where he’s done a great job driving that point home. I think this was one of them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on5ySFK0aoY <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on5ySFK0aoY>

Cheers,
Greg