Re: Vetting connectors (was Interledger and Privacy)

Yes trust has to be related to the notaries in the atomic mode and not
from the connectors. As I understand connectors are merely relaying  the
informations to one trusted entity to another (sender ledger -> receiver
ledger). But they can charge fees what is in some way a mean, that is
normally performed through trusted entities. Nevertheless connectors
will in reality often be highly trusted entities, but this trust is not
grounded in the protocol but from other aspects eg. as kind of
organisation they represent.

The first question that is important to me is how ledgers, connectors
and notaries know from each other and from where they get the
information of who is connected to whom? From my point of view we should
have an idea about this matter before we are going to deep into others.
ILP needs, as the internet does, a kind of name-service (DNS).
My opinion about that is using a distributed ledger among all the
participants (ledgers, connectors, notaries) and using public keys as
identity provider.

So far I would see that this ledger could contain the following
information:
(speed and reputation are optional and need smart algorithm to work
properly!)

*Items*

*Type*

*keys*

*IP/port*

*Remarks/name*

*speed*

*reputation*

*connections*

Sender ledger (A)

exchange

key-A

234.011.002.121:?

key-x

Recipient ledger (B)

exchange

key-B

034.211.102.141:?

key-z

Connector X

conn

key-x

123.011.042.211:?

key-A,..y

Connector Y

conn

key-y

241.011.302.116:?

key-x,..z

Connector Z

conn

key-z

189.111.002.121:?

key-y,..B

Notary N

notary

key-N

?

For escrowed transactions

Key-A,..x

Regulator

regulator

key-R

?

Optional if needed

key-z

note:
Using a distributed identity ledger would not mean that there is only
one global ledger as such. Different types of ILP networks can or should
use different identity ledgers.

*<http://moneygrid.net>*

**