Re: Roll call / intro

On 22 October 2015 at 00:54, Tiffany St.John <tiffany4772@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Hey everybody. It looks like there are 70 of us in this group so far.  I
> thought a quick intro would be nice to help us get acquainted.
>
> I'm Tiffany Hayden and I'm very involved in the Bitcoin community. I was
> excited to hear that the specs for a Bitcoin-ILP implementation have been
> written. I'd love to see more volume flow through Bitcoin. I'm also a huge
> Ripple fan and have been moderating the unofficial forum for awhile. I may
> be the only person on the planet who loves both Ripple and Bitcoin. I was
> concerned that there weren't very many Bitcoin supporters in this group, so
> I reached out to a few of the brilliant Bitcoin minds in my local group and
> they have joined as well.
>
> I'm currently working on a project to help bring financial access to
> refugees. If you're interested, you can read about it here:
>
> https://medium.com/@haydentiff/refugees-the-next-wave-of-disruptors-34f3287cf7fe#.fa15ntqjo
>
> I follow everything going on in the fintech space -payment systems,
> remittances, distributed ledger technology, cryptocurrencies. I love it
> all.
>
> I'm liberty-minded, a believer in the non-aggression principle, and a
> member of the Michigan Peace and Liberty Coalition.
>
> I'm also a homeschooling mother and just possibly the last person still
> using a hotmail account.

My name is Melvin.  I'm a web developer that has been interested in digital
currencies for 20 years.

My interest lies at the intersection of the web, of crypto currencies and
fiat currencies.

I like crypto currencies for zero trust settlement, but they dont scale.  I
like the web because it scales, but does not have a first class payments
mechanism.  And I like fiat currencies in order to bootstrap existing and
legacy systems.

I don see any one of these technologies as being a complete solution to
digital payments.  But rather, I see a ledger at the heart of all of these
systems as a common denominators.  And inter ledger transactions forming a
network effect that can be all things to all people.