Interactive Media Community Group Administrative Tasks

From: Adam Sobieski <adamsobieski@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 01:49:01 +0000
To: "public-interactive-media@w3.org" <public-interactive-media@w3.org>
Interactive Media Community Group,

Hello. I would like to indicate some initial administrative tasks as our group launches.

  1.  There is a matter of our groupís charter to consider. Has anyone drafted one of these before? Is anyone else interested in contributing to or reviewing this document? How often should we revise this document? Some materials on these topics are available here:
     *   https://github.com/w3c/cg-charter
     *   https://w3c.github.io/cg-charter/CGCharter.html

  1.  There is a matter of voting on chairs to consider. This will be a topic for the charter, in terms of specifics, but my thinking is that we will want to periodically hold elections and that we can have multiple chairs.

  1.  I would like to invite you to contribute ideas for more group projects.

  1.  There is a matter of formulating use cases documents for our planned projects. These can be useful for discovering specific overlaps with other groups and their projects. For these project-description and use-case documents, we could make use of a group wiki, which I could request, or we could make use of the groupís GitHub repository which is available here: https://github.com/w3c/interactive-media-cg .

  1.  I would like to ask the group for ideas about how we might best achieve consensus regarding our priorities with respect to group projects. Should we vote on our groupís priorities periodically, e.g., by numerically weighing or ranking projects? Or, instead, should we let these priorities emerge organically, through discussion?

Any thoughts on these initial administrative tasks? Do any other related tasks come to mind to complete before we get started on the technical discussions and projects ahead?

Best regards,
Adam Sobieski