Re: [Events] UI Triggers for IndieUI Events 1.0

Jason White <jason@jasonjgw.net>, 2014-05-17 10:11 +1000:

> James Craig <jcraig@apple.com> wrote:
>
> > I've made ACTION-86 to incorporate validation requirements, starting with this list.
> >
> > ACTION-86: Validator requirements in spec
> > https://www.w3.org/WAI/IndieUI/track/actions/86
> >

> Thank you. From the point of view of testing, does this imply that we need a
> validator to implement these requirements in order to meet our CR exit
> conditions?

It's not required by W3C process. And in my experience I've never seen any group
put implemented-in-the-validator requirements into their CR exit criteria.

That said, there's nothing preventing your group from including such a
requirement in CR exit criteria for spec if you choose to.

> We probably want it anyway, since we are creating content attributes in host
> languages, especially HTML.

FWIW, I'm personally reluctant to implement validator support for any new
attributes until they actually have some kind of support in browsers. That
is, at least for attributes for which a spec defines some UA conformance
requirements in browsers.

  --Mike