Re: Testing of Events specification

James Craig <jcraig@apple.com> wrote:

> I realized that I may be assuming you're asking for more than you are, so to
> clarify, it sounds to me like you are asking for a cross-platform (OS X,
> iOS, Windows, WP, Linux, Android, etc) automation testing tool that also has
> hooks into each accessibility API and event notification system, as could be
> used to test each browser or user agent (WebKit, Blink, Mozilla, Trident,
> etc.) on each of these platforms where appropriate.

To clarify, the above would be ideal, I know it doesn't exist, accessibility
API support would be unreasonable to expect from any current tool designed for
user agent testing, and I raised this possibility essentially to confirm that
we're ruling it out.

Is it agreed that synthesizing events in a script should suffice for our
interoperability testing? If not, we'll need manual tests, or a combination of
both.