Re: [Events] Media playback events for play, pause, toggle, stop, next, and previous. INDIEUI-ACTION-16

From: Jason White <jason@jasonjgw.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 07:49:19 +1100
To: public-indie-ui@w3.org
James Craig <jcraig@apple.com> wrote:
> I've added media playback request events for play, pause, toggle, stop, and
> for the ability to skip to the next or previous track boundary. These allow
> web apps to respond to keyboard media keys, headphone remotes, etc.

Excellent. This proposal omits the ability to move to a relative or absolute
position within a track, for example by minutes/seconds (or +- minutes/seconds
for relative motion). The use cases should be clear enough, although media
players tend to restrict their options to controls that skip back/forward by
prescribed amounts, such as 10 seconds, 1 minute, 10 minutes.

This extension, however, can safely be left as an issue to be considered for
the next version of the spec.