Re: pan, rotation, move and zoom request events

On Mar 8, 2013, at 5:54 PM, Jason White <jason@jasonjgw.net> wrote:

> James Craig <jcraig@apple.com> wrote:
>
>> This is a good feedback. Please let me know if the following change
>> alleviate the concern. I have changed the IDL so that the origin values are
>> nullable and default to null instead of 0.0.
>
> The revised text substantially clarifies these events, and I welcome the IDL
> change.
>
> For the zoom event, what is the desired application behaviour? Move the given
> point at (x,y) to the centre of the viewport and scale the element by the
> given scale factor? Or just scale part of the element comprising a region
> centred at (x,y) by the given scale factor?

I think that depends on the application. In most cases, I would expect the zoom event to be centered on the x/y coordinates if they were provided. If origin coordinates are not provided, zoom would probably be centered in the middle of the current view.