Re: Very belated Browser API list-up

On 12/25/12 5:45 PM, Jason White wrote:
> Sangwhan Moon <smoon@opera.com> wrote:
>
>> The list isn't fully complete,but should cover a lot of the general
>> APIs that a browser can expose. I'll go through the FPWD candidate
>> and see if anything from my list is missing in the WD that should be
>> added.
>
> Some of these functions change the state of the UA rather than that of the Web
> application, for example by manipulating history, cookies or local storage. I
> think there's an interesting question of scope to be considered: of which
> events should the Web application be informed by event propagation?
>
> Others on the list are more unambiguously within the scope of the present work
> and could benefit from use case analysis.

As noted above, this is a dump of that APIs a browser "can expose", not
a refined list of what a browser "should expose" for IndieUI. I should
have noted that this list is based on a native set of APIs that a
implementor can use to _implement_ a browser.

Figuring out what can be used for the spec after carefully considering
feasibility/necessity/security implications would be the next step.

Sangwhan