Re: Where should CG work go?

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 8:48 AM, Bob Lund <B.Lund@cablelabs.com> wrote:

> On 3/9/14, 11:28 PM, "Silvia Pfeiffer" <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi Bob,
>>
>>On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 3:54 AM, Bob Lund <B.Lund@cablelabs.com> wrote:
>>> Hi CG,
>>>
>>> The Wiki table for video/audio track [1] defines how to determine
>>>'kind' for
>>> MPEG-2 TS video and audio streams. We can create similar tables for the
>>> other containers of interest: MP4 ISOBMFF, DASH, WebM and Ogg. The HTML
>>>CR
>>> has a table describing what the UA should return for video.kind and
>>> audio.kind [2]. So it would seem that we should add the examples for
>>> [2].
>>
>>Agreed.
>>

>>> [1] also defines how to set the language and id attributes for MPEG-2 TS
>>> (and other formats in the future). Should this information also be
>>>added to
>>> [2], perhaps in a similar table to what exists?
>>
>>Yes, I think the HTML spec should have similar tables as for the @kind
>>attribute also for @id, @language and @label for all the media formats
>>that UAs support. Note that some of that information is already
>>available on our wiki page
>>https://www.w3.org/community/inbandtracks/wiki/Main_Page but needs to
>>be formulated as a table (as you have done for "text kind table").
>>

>>> The Wiki has a table for text tracks [3] and text track cue [4]
>>>creation.
>>> This could be added to the HTML5 spec in the text track section.
>>
>>Yes, I think those are good ideas.
>>
>>> What do you think about adding this information to the HTML
>>>recommendation?
>>> The alternative would be another recommendation that is referenced by
>>>the
>>> HTML rec. Thoughts?
>>
>>No, the HTML spec is the right place for it.
>>
>>I would recommend registering a bug for every section that needs
>>updating and every attribute.
>>
>>So, a bug each for:
>>
>>https://www.w3.org/community/inbandtracks/wiki/Main_Page#Audio_and_video_k
>>ind_table
>>
>>https://www.w3.org/community/inbandtracks/wiki/Main_Page#Text_kind_table
>>(this needs updating with information from other formats)
>
> Išve update with what I know for ISOBMFF. Can someone either supply me
> with information for WebM and Ogg or update the table in the wiki with
> same information?

I think there is still the part about label and language missing for
ISOBMFF - and some if not all of it is available below:
https://www.w3.org/community/inbandtracks/wiki/Main_Page#ISOBMFF_2 . I
don't know if that is correct, so I didn't touch it.

However, I've added the missing info to the WebM and Ogg sections, so
those are now complete, too.

Cheers,
Silvia.