Re: Track "id" format?

Hi all,

Wow, I did not think 'id' would trigger so many emails. I'd like to add
a few comments.

Erik, I agree, the Wiki does not need to have an 'id' column

Regarding clashes, does the Track.id attribute have to be unique in the
page? or in the list of Tracks to which the Track belongs (AudioTracks,
VideoTracks or TextTracks)? It doesn't make much sense to have a
page-wide id, does it?

Anyway, I had thought for the 'id' value to use a fragment identifier
like 'file.mp4#track_id=1' or 'file.ts#pid=120'. That would avoid clashes.

Aside from that, for MPEG-2 TS, PID is a integer on 13 bits. We don't
need to make a hexadecimal representation, decimal is fine.

Cyril

--
Cyril Concolato
Groupe Multimedia/Multimedia Group