Re: 3d favicons

Rik,

This is a great topic for the Immersive Web Community Group and nicely fits
into the new category of "directions beyond and separate from WebXR Device
API."

I second Nell's suggestion that you follow the usual process
<https://github.com/immersive-web/proposals/blob/master/README.md> of
starting out with a descriptive Issue in the proposals repo
<https://github.com/immersive-web/proposals/issues>.

>From there, I suggest that you ping the major stake holders in order to get
momentum and consensus behind the idea. Once there's clearly enough
interest and a general agreement to move forward, I'll create a separate
repo with an explainer document, sample code, and eventually pointers to
experimental implementations.

The general idea of the process is to get stake holders mostly on the same
page (including people from other working or community groups if necessary)
and then make a decision about how to take it through the W3C
recommendation process. A lot can happen between that first Issue and
moving into a working group!

favicons are a topic that I think has a lot of interest and a clear
utility, so I expect that it has a pretty good chance of getting the
attention of relevant stake holders, though most of them are already knee
deep in WebXR Device API implementations so it's sometimes tricky. :-)

- Trevor

--
Trevor F. Smith
Reality Research Engineer