Re: WebXR Device API Logo Proposal

To compliment Klaus' edits, since I've heard several times now that
gradients may be difficult in a variety of situations (printing,
embroidery, etc) I tweaked my realtime version of the logo to get a couple
of screenshots for what a flatter color scheme would look like. (Colors are
not intended to be final, just for illustrative purposes.)

[image: Screenshot 2019-07-11 at 11.26.42 AM.png]
If you just strip out the gradients but leave the planes a different color
to simulate lighting you end up with this four color variant (though the
back "wings" should either be more differentiated or made identical). This
is pretty crisp and still reads as the same logo to me, which is nice. I
wouldn't necessarily see this fully replacing the gradient version, but it
would be nice to have as an officially sanctioned alternative for the
situations that call for it.

We can take it a step further, though, if we really want to embrace the
flatness. :)

[image: Screenshot 2019-07-11 at 11.41.23 AM.png]
Diego's original pitch to the chairs actually used this coloring, with the
"seam" between planes being implied only by the silhouette. I don't mind
the minimalism of this version, honestly, but it does start to feel like a
different mark when we reduce it this much, and is a lot more abstract.

When it comes to the font I'm not particularly attached to any specific
approach, aside from urging someone other than myself to make the call. :)
Given my track record with these things I'd select something that the
design community regards with the same amount of respect as Comic Sans and
Papyrus.

--Brandon