Re: WebXR Device API Logo Proposal

From: Klaus Weidner <klausw@google.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2019 11:17:24 -0700
To: Leonard Daly <web3d@realism.com>
Cc: public-immersive-web-wg@w3.org
On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 10:57 AM Leonard Daly <web3d@realism.com> wrote:

> I like the design, and especially wish to recognize the people that did
> the work getting this done.
>
> I have had to deal with logos in a variety of media and have a few
> questions about this one (or any of the discussed variants)
>

>    1. Is there a one-color version -- something that can be embroidered
>    using a single color thread?
>    2. Is there a gray-scale version - something for B/W laser printers or
>    single color silk-screen?
>    3. Is there a (nearly) square version - many times the provided area
>    is more square than linear?
>    4. The contrast with back red wings and the dark background is a bit
>    low  -- can that be increased?
>    5. Has this been checked against various visibility conditions (low
>    light, color-blindness/insensitivity, etc)?
>
>  I really like the design!

Just out of curiosity, I did a quick experiment to rearrange the parts to
fit into a square space, and I think this has potential. Apologies for
mangling the original, just trying to get a feel for it.
[image: webxr-square.png]

Since a few people asked for a thicker font, here's a quick attempt using
Trebuchet MS:
[image: webxr-square-trebuchet.png]

And just for fun, here's what it looks like when simply converted to
grayscale:
[image: webxr-square-grayscale.png]

webxr-square.png
(image/png attachment: webxr-square.png)

webxr-square-grayscale.png
(image/png attachment: webxr-square-grayscale.png)

webxr-square-trebuchet.png
(image/png attachment: webxr-square-trebuchet.png)