From: Janina Sajka (janina@rednote.net) <janina@rednote.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2024 at 12:44
Subject: Advancing Immersive Captions to W3C Note
To: Frances Baum <francesbaum@outlook.com>, Meryl K. Evans <merylk@gmail.com>,
Christopher Patnoe <patnoe@google.com>, Howard A. Rosenblum <
HOWARD.ROSENBLUM@nad.org>
Cc: Michael Cooper <cooper-a11y@aihal.net>, APA Chairs <
group-apa-chairs@w3.org>, Jason White <jason@jasonjgw.net>, Scott Hollier <
scott@hollier.info>, Raja Kushalnagar <raja.kushalnagar@gallaudet.edu>

Dear Colleagues:

Despite my slow response, the W3C Accessible Platform Architectures
(APA) Working Group is excited by the opportunity to advance your
Community Group report on Immersive Captions to Note status in W3C. For
the record we are relying on the following email
to document your CG's agreement with this action:

https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-immersive-captions/2024Apr/0000.html

APA's formal agreement to advance this report on the W3C Note Track is
documented here:

https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2024May/0005.html

***Next Steps***

IMPORTANT: We have discussed how to most smoothly advance your report
with W3C staff. It is recommended that all Editor's of the CG report
become APA members at least for the duration of the Note process. I hope
that is acceptable to you, but please do not hesitate to share any
concerns or questions.

There are two paths to APA membership. Each Editor should pursue one of
these two:

1.)     If you work for a W3C member organization, please have your AC
representative nominate you to APA.

2.)     If you are not associated with a W3C member organization, please
apply for Invited Expert Status using this form:

https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/ieapp/

The process we will follow to advance your report is defined in the W3C
Process document here:

https://www.w3.org/Consortium/Process/

I will provide additional details as we move forward, but let me keep it
simple and stop here for now! Again, my apologies for taking so long to
organize the next step in this process!

Janina Sajka,
APA Co-Chair

--