Re: [url] Requests for Feedback (was Feedback from TPAC)

On 12/15/2014 09:49 AM, Graham Klyne wrote:
> On 15/12/2014 12:53, Sam Ruby wrote:
>> On 12/15/2014 07:25 AM, Graham Klyne wrote:
>>> FWIW, I noticed that the WHATWG "living standard" is referenced later,
>>> but not described in the section about WHATWG.
>>
>> Can I get you to explain a bit more about what you are looking for?
>
> It was just an editorial thing... I thought it might help if the WHATWG
> "living standard" phrase and idea was given a sentence or two of
> explanation in the section about the WHATWG specification.

Thanks!  That makes sense.  Instead of either belaboring the point or
not doing it justice, I opted for a hypertext link instead.  I've also
applied this suggestion to the WebPlatform section.

https://github.com/webspecs/url/commit/0b1aa691232c94e73da70023c89a0db53effb1a2

http://intertwingly.net/projects/pegurl/url-problem-statement.html#rfc.section.2.2

https://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/FAQ#What_does_.22Living_Standard.22_mean.3F

> Specifically, that it is not intended to be a static specification, but
> rather to reflect the actual state of what browsers are doing (if indeed
> that is right - not being a browser implementer, I don't actually track
> the WHATWG work).

It is not just browser vendors, nor is it all backwards looking.  I
encourage you to follow the link provided and come to your own conclusions.

> #g
> --

- Sam Ruby