Re: Using 209 for Contents of Related

Hi Philippe,

With my HTTPbis Chair hat on --

> On 19 Aug 2014, at 12:06 am, Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org> wrote:
>
> Dear Apps Area Chairs, IETF contact, and HTTP Chair,
>
> The Linked Data Platform WG is using a new response code to shortcut the
> common POST->303 Location:X, GET ->200 interaction.

"Using" here causes concern; is it no longer "proposing"?

> Eric Prud'hommeaux submitted a draft [2NN] before the last IETF meeting
> in Toronto, but Mark said that the HTTPbis WG is too busy to take this
> up and that we should take it to the Applications WG.

I don't recall doing that.

I emailed Eric (and others) about this in June, but didn't get a response until 17 July, by which time it was too late, so I suggested the Honolulu meeting (but still in httpbis).

Eric is free to bring it up on the WG mailing list in the meantime, of course.

It's getting hard to escape the feeling that people expect that the HTTP WG is going to rubber-stamp this proposal; I wouldn't make that assumption, and (once again) encourage its proponents to bring it up on the WG mailing list.

Regards,

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/