Re: Pursuing question of mime types in W3C specifications and nextactions

On Fri, 28 Jun 2002, John Stracke wrote:

> >> Yesterday I participated in a W3C/IETF coordination
> >> call where one of the topics was about the registration
> >> of mime types defined by W3C Recommendations. A summary
> >> of the meeting will be available soon to the W3C Membership.
> >
> >what about the IETF membership?
>
> Why would the process be any different for the W3C than for anybody
> else? It is perfectly possible to have a MIME registration RFC that
> references a non-IETF document for the actual syntax of the format.
> For example, see RFC-3240.

The W3C members pay good money to see that their formats become
standards, dammit.

To be clear, I am asking why the summary of the meeting will only be
made available to the (closed, fee-paying) W3C membership.

L.

<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/><L.Wood@surrey.ac.uk>