Re: comments on draft-newman-i18n-comparator-05.txt

 > First, I was using the word protocol in the draft's sense, which is so
 > wide that I had protocol for lunch today ;)

If so, then it needs to be clear from the text that 'protocol' is using
such a broad sense; examples would help.

On the issue of charsets: the biggest problem currently with using
charsets other than Unicode is that common IANA identifiers for charsets
are ambiguous (see http://www.w3.org/TR/japanese-xml/#ambiguity_of_yen).
So two implementations that they are getting the same results from
comparison may not be because they are using variant mapping tables.