Re: + minutes of 2020-09-15 meeting - Re: Sharing the BLM statement feedback with the AC

On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 22:32 Jeff Jaffe <jeff@w3.org> wrote:

> W3C Team can also help with participation, e.g. more freely
>
> approving a diverse set of Invited Experts.

I know that this is just one example of how W3C staff can help and that
there are plenty of others.

We really want to be careful not to unintentionally promote a situation
where underrepresented folks come work on standard on their own time for
free, scraping by on diversity funds, while large corporations send cohorts
of able white men on company time. That would be extremely unfair.

—tobie