From: Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 7, 2020 2:15 PM
To: Siegman, Tzviya <tsiegman@wiley.com>; Léonie Watson <lwatson@tetralogical.com>; Coralie Mercier <coralie@w3.org>
Cc: Inclusion and Diversity Community Group <public-idcg@w3.org>; Hochgesang, Barbara <barbara.hochgesang@intel.com>
Subject: Re: draft agenda: Joint IDCG-PWECG TPAC meeting, 13 Oct 2020, 2-4pm UTC

On 10/7/2020 1:20 PM, Siegman, Tzviya wrote:
> Thanks. Those look like great issues to address. I would love to learn what people feel they need training on. The CEPC training is more about exposure not about how to handle situations when they arise. I will make an edit to the agenda.
>
> I have also been wondering about proposing a Diversity and Inclusion breakout. The proposed sessions [1] are all fairly technical, which will work for some people more than others. I am wondering if a DEI breakout is a way to get to more people. We don't really have many opportunities to reach the whole of W3C.

This idea came up in the IDCG meeting yesterday and I'd volunteered to draft a session proposal since I agree that it could be a good opportunity for discussion that might reach beyond our usual participants. Barbara had offered to help. Leonie requested that any proposal be run by the IDCG for feedback before submitting. I haven't had time to start drafting anything yet. If you want to get a draft going, that would be great.

Thanks,

- Judy

--
Judy Brewer