Re: Next steps with the BLM statement

Thanks Léonie for making sure we don't forget this.

I still think that the key thing to do is make progress with concrete
actions that improve the situation - but publishing a statement is better
than not doing so as long as we are also taking concrete action.

If a key reason we didn't publish a statement is because of the lack of
participation from people of colour, then I think we at least need to fix
that before we re-propose publishing.

I also think it would be good to have this conversation with the AC,
perhaps in parallel to the one in this group. They (rightly) are the
people we are asking to endorse the statement, and without time pressure I
think it is important to include them in the discussion early...

cheers,

--
Charles "chaals" Nevile
ConsenSys Lead Standards Architect