Re: IDCG ideas for consideration for building an action plan

On 6/11/2020 9:35 AM, Siegman, Tzviya wrote:

> Thanks, Judy
>
> This is an excellent list.
>
> I think another area for W3C to explore is member recruitment. This
> may be what you intended with outreach. W3C does not necessarily have
> much say about which individuals from a member organization
> participate in groups, but W3C does a lot of active recruitment. Is
> there active recruitment in Africa? South and Central America?

The short answer is not enough.

In Africa we have had Offices in Tunisia, Morocco, Senegal, and South
Africa.  But we have not had much activity on recruitment - either
directly or through the Offices.

We have a fairly active Office in Brazil.  In the last year, we have
worked with our Spanish Office to have them facilitate more active
recruitment in the balance of Latin America.