Re: W3C action/response to the BLM Movement

Thanks, Wendy.

Several years ago, the Team worked with the Advisory Board to establish
policies about W3C making public statements [1].  Based on this policy,
it is not in our scope to make a statement about Black Lives Matter,
until/unless we change [1].

W3C does support the work of IDCG and strives to improve inclusion and
diversity.  I endorse your renewed call for additional action in this
area.  I hope to be able to make this call.  June is the time for my
annual blog report on Diversity at W3C [2], and so this discussion is
very timely for me.

Jeff

[1] https://www.w3.org/2014/01/PSGMatrix

[2] https://www.w3.org/blog/tags/inclusion/