Re: Diversity scholarship: Identifying under-represented groups

I like this approach very much. I'd be inclined not to ask people what meetings they intend to participate in; I think this might give some people the idea that they have to be amazing perfect stellar participants to be considered worthy, and also, might discourage newbies. But the approach of saying, "we know there are some groups who are clearly underrepresented, but we're telling you the list so you'll have a sense of why we're doing this and whether you're a good applicant" is a good one.

Deborah