RE: Final Wrapup

Hi Greg,

Thanks to your detailed response to me.

> But if we use context driven logic to support this variant form, we need
over-ride form here.

> It is not a good idea to use toggle logic. It will make a lot of trouble
when we do string manipulation as mentioned above.

> I do not see a problem with the current specification here. Can you be
specific in why we need to deal with the individual font developer's logic?

I am not wondering the font developer's logic. Here we select either of the
method, it is same difficulties to font developer.

I am talking the data manipulation difficulties will be greatly different on
this two method.

The toggle-logic based code standard will lead a lot of extra complexity for
data manipulation.

I have prepared one example attached in this mail, hope this example make
sense to you and other members.

>I am therefore withdrawing my earlier support for the tail on U+1840,
U+1841, U+1842.

This not one big issue, if we have small tail defined in the standard to
use, we can handle this by workaround.

Or even anyone use it with small tail, the impact can be ignored. Follow
your decision.

Just wandering the small tail have not been confirmed and fixed how to
include in the standard yet.

Jirimutu

Almas Inc.

101-0021 601 Nitto-Bldg, 6-15-11, Soto-Kanda, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo

E-Mail: jrmt@almas.co.jp <mailto:jrmt@almas.co.jp>    Mobile : 090-6174-6115

Phone : 03-5688-2081,   Fax : 03-5688-2082

http://www.almas.co.jp/   http://www.compiere-japan.com/

http://www.mongolfont.com/