Re: Off-Topic: Overriding

Hi Richard,
On 31.10.2015 00:59, Richard Wordingham wrote:
> One that is never rendered, but is instead replaced (or eliminated) by
> another character, possibly by a ligature substitution.  In your
> example above, FVS2 is a "purely formal glyph".  For example, the FVS2
> above is translated to a glyph, but that glyph is not actually
> displayed.  I would implement Rule 2 as a ligation of I.medi2 + FVS2 to
> I.medi, but that it is because I would not trust all renderers to
> handle variation selectors properly.
There exist somehow a cyclic problem at some rules (or interference with
two rules), when we implement Rule2 like I.medi2+FVS2 to I.medi. Thus
some time ago, as I remember in 2013, we have rewritten all our rules
without elimination of FVSs, which means in our example Rule2 =
I.medi2+FVS2 to I.medi + FVS2.
Is it unacceptable/bad solution?

Badral

--