Re: Off-Topic: Overriding

Hi all,
@Greg,
With this example, my understanding is then exactly correct. For example
NAIMA, we have to write a substitution rule like Rule1=if {VOWEL_SET|} +
I.medi then sub I.medi by I.medi2 (assume that is double shilbe) to
illustrate i.medi as double shilbe. Then we need to write a rule for
invalidating Rule1. Like Rule2=if I.medi2 + FVS2 then sub I.medi2 by I.medi.
Please confirm.
@Richard,
You said, that the knowledge of what to render lies almost entirely in
the font. It means, we have write the rules like Rule2 from above
example in GSub table and we shouldn't trust that the renderer would do
something/post-processing for overriding. Is it correct?
What did you mean with "a purely formal glyph"?

Badral

--
Badral Sanlig, Software architect
www.bolorsoft.com | www.badral.net